Monday, June 2, 2008

A Lazy Shady Day

Today, I was outside and mowed my lawn. The day started out humid and the forecast was for thunderstorms in the afternoon. So after picking up tree branches and twigs, I cut the grass. It was so thick and a little bit wet from a brief shower earlier in the day. In the heat of the day, the big tree in my front yard, a Linden, provides a great lounging area to get out of the sun! The grass is nice to sit on as well. No clumps or stickers. But as you can see, the area directly in front of my porch is still bare and in need of attention. That area will look good if the landscapers ever arrive! (click the photo to see the porch area closer.)

I'm still waiting (and not with much patience anymore) for the landscapers to redo the landscape. My lawn is fine. Great, in fact. But there will be new floral plants and new shrubs, etc., put in if they ever get here! (Do you sense the frustration yet?) And before you wonder, yes. I've called them. The next call won't be so friendly.......

I also have new flowers to put in along with the new plants once they complete their job. I've potted a lot of flowers already. The others still sit in the packs that I purchased them in. Soon I'll have to pot them too, if I don't see something accomplished!



Early stages of growth...





So for now....I'll just have to look at my new flowers. Later in the summer, I'll show you how they have all flourished!



1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

You have such a green thumb!

Say, how do you get your pictures to launch bigger when someone clicks on them?