Monday, January 17, 2011

Leadership Conference 2011, Day 4

Before going to bed last night, I had to figure out just what flights we'd be on to fly home today.  We flew standby so we didn't have any confirmed seats.  No problem.  On the way to Nashville, we flew through Chicago's Midway airport.  Easy and only one stop.  That's the way we had originally planned to get home again as well.  But I knew before we left Omaha that the flights were filling up quickly.  Sunday is one of our busiest days of travel at Southwest.  But not to worry....
We had many choices actually.  Going through St. Louis was my first choice, however.  Even though we weren't going to be able to go non stop from Nashville, there was an alternate routing through there if we went to Birmingham, Alabama first.  All the flights from Nashville to Birmingham, Birmingham to St. Louis, and St. Louis to Omaha had more than 30 seats open on them.  Ding ding ding!!!  Sold!  Works for me!  So our flight out of Nashville was leaving at 12:05 PM.  Not too bad. 
After breakfast this morning we still had one more speaker, Jill (CEO and founder) herself.  She was going to be sending us all off from conference with her own encouragement and well wishes.  Some people had already left because of their flight schedules.  We knew we'd have to leave the hotel by 10AM to have ample time to check in.  We were hoping that we wouldn't miss out on hearing Jill speak.  As it turned out, we heard alot of her speech but did have to leave before she finished.  I'm hoping that we didn't miss too much!
Others had been filtering out during the morning as well. 
It had been an inspiring conference and filled me with new vigor.  Besides the speakers that we heard for inspiration, I got a list of books that I can read as well to help me work my business.  I'm excited to start on the list!   
There are always incentives for us as consultants to do well.  Some look so far out of reach but does give me reason to do as well as I can. 

Jill....CEO and founder of Tastefully Simple
It was nice to get home again, as always.  My cats survived thanks to my friend Trisa.  Next trip....Kansas City in February.  Yep...you guessed it.  Another conference for Tastefully Simple!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Favorite line: "Ding, ding, ding! Sold!" It's good that you have some knowledge of, and connection in, the airline industry.

Kansas City?! Holy traveling woman!