Saturday, February 26, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Wow....today has been a great day!  Even though I had to work my normal shift at the airport, on my birthday,  I still had plans afterwards to join my friends for some shopping and an evening meal out.  I met my friends at Trisa's house and we went to Kohl's for the first stop of our shopping extravaganza.  From there we drove to Shadow Lake Towne Center.  After eating an early evening meal at Wheatfield's,  we found a parking space centrally located to most of our favorite stores and hit the sidewalks.  We walked in and out of most of them.  Clothing was tried on and some purchased, shoes were tried out and most purchased, and accessories were picked out and of course, purchased.   Tammy and I were the last two standing that night.  We were out and about until most of the stores were closing up shop at 9 PM.  I hadn't done that for many months! 

My day started with many birthday greetings popping up on Face Book.  They continued alllll day long!  I think before it was all said and done, there had been over 50 people sending me good wishes.  I love how I've been able to reconnect with so many that I used to see and talk to regularly when I used to live in ND. 
It was so fun to read them all.  I also had a few phone calls and even some text messages from a couple people.  Technology has certainly changed.  There are so many forms of communication and they all worked for me that day. 

But the birthday celebrations aren't over today.  Next Saturday, on the 5Th of March, I'll be joining my best friends for a co-birthday celebration with Lisa.  She celebrates hers on March 12th.  So we are all getting together on the 5TH.  Stay tuned for all the fun details on that day! 

Thanks to everyone that sent greetings my way!  I love to hear from you any time. 

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Yay for birthday company!

What did you eat at Wheatfield's? Their menu looks good!