Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Western Travels, Day 4

Last night after we returned to the lodge from our day of snowmobiling, Cathy and I went to the main lodge to get a few more pictures with all the pretty lights turned on inside.  The atmosphere was so cozy and warm even though the fire had already died down.  It just felt so comfortable the minute we walked into the room from the outside chilly evening air.  We found a guest book to sign that was resting on the sled-turned-into-a-coffee-table table. 

The extremely large fireplace.  The mantel is even over Cathy's head when she stood near it. 
          
Looking at the dining room which is just off the great room with the fireplace and three couches.  There was an old trunk sitting on the floor next to one of the couches that was filled with board games and on the coffee tables there were decks of cards.  To the left sits the kitchen.
 
As we walked in the door this is the first view that we saw.  The lights add so much to the warmth of the room.

The kitchen that is open to the dining area. 

So after taking it all in and trying not to miss one single detail, we went outside where Cathy used her video camera and as I was walking back up the ramp to our lodge, I got one other picture.  The lights made it look so inviting.  Our suite is up the ramp and down to the left.  We were on the southeast corner of the building. 



                ****Fast forward to the next morning****

Today we'll be leaving this beautiful mountainous region and going back to our respective homes in Oregon and Nebraska.  We had to leave pretty early in the morning to make sure I was at the airport in Spokane, WA in time for my flight that was leaving at 1:30 PM.  We also had the time change over the weekend and wanted to make sure we didn't mess up what time it was in each place we were going to. 
We loaded up the vehicle and were on the road by 7AM Montana time.  We stopped for coffee at a Starbucks that we had seen in Kalispell a few days earlier.  After driving for several hours we found a little cafe in a small town right off the interstate.  So we stopped there and ate a very tasty breakfast. 
Back on the road again, we would take random pictures of the views along the road.  Before we got to the border of Idaho and Montana, we stopped at a place that I remember having visited many years ago as a child, Lincoln's 50,000 Silver Dollar bar, near Haugan, MT.  Except back when I was a little girl, it was called Lincoln's 10,000 Silver Dollar bar.  The business consists of a shopping area for souvenirs and also a restaurant and a bar where one could play slot machines as well.  Inside the bar, high up on the wall over the bar itself, are many large, square boards that have the silver dollars mounted in perfectly straight columns and rows.  Over the years, more coins have been added, thus the larger number in the name!  We stopped to go inside to shop and reminisce.  I found some drinking glasses to add to my collection and the " 'athy's " found gifts and personal selections as well.  We had to get back on the road so we didn't stay very long.  I got my picture of the outside of the building that I wanted and off we went again. 


We arrived at the airport in Spokane and I was able to walk right up and check in for my flight, no line for me to stand and wait.  Because it was about an hour until my flight left, I had to get right through security and up to my gate.  So the " 'athy's " and I said our goodbyes and I proceeded to my gate.  Incidently, my flights home were a lot less exciting than my trip out had been.  I got on the flight I was hoping to and made it home around 12:30 AM. 
It had been a great get-a-way weekend and what better fun than to spend it with family! 
We're anxious to go again but maybe in the summer next time to experience the fun of summer activities.  It would be fun to have the entire family there at once.  Thanks, Montana, for allowing us to visit your great state!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

That place looks terrific. Very impressive!

I think I remember the Silver Dollar Bar, too.

I'm glad you all had a good time together!