Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A "Pampered" hostess

Last night I hosted a Pampered Chef party at my house. I think I counted 18 people here at one point. Some arrived a short time after we started at 7 PM. And the late arrival was due in part to a severe thunderstorm/tornado watch that was moving very quickly through our area very conveniently during the time of my party! And severe it was! The sky was extremely black as the winds picked up with no warning. Soon the rain came. Across town, there were downed power lines and fallen trees. The sky had a very ominous look to it. And after the worst of the storm passed you could see the sun beginning to set and it made the clouds a very orange color. It was actually quite pretty. Here are a couple web sites from a local news channel that viewers had submitted photos. You have to see them! http://www.ketv.com/slideshow/news/13935499/detail.html

http://www.ketv.com/slideshow/news/13937766/detail.html

Everyone had been sitting in my living room and some of them thought we should go downstairs as a precaution. So we did. And the TV was on so some could watch what they were saying. But my consultant continued on. Once the heavy rain and wind subsided, we went back upstairs.

Two different recipes were cooked by my consultant, Carrie. An Italian Stuffed Calzone and a Strawberry Cheesecake Torte. Wow........I don't think the word "good" is enough to describe how tasty these dishes actually were! I myself had provided the following:

  • 3 kinds of chips...Ranch Doritos, Wavy Lays, Tostitos for dipping and Pretzel sticks
  • 6 kinds of crackers...Wheat Thins, Toasteds ( buttercrisp, sesame and wheat),Chicken in a Biskit, and TownHouse
  • 3 store bought dips...French Onion, Veggie Dip and Bacon and Cheddar
  • 2 homemade dips ....pretzel dip and Mexican Velveeta cheese dip
  • cut up veggies.....cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and celery
  • soda
  • beer
  • 2 selections of wine....red and white!
  • Home brewed Iced Tea
  • 2 selections of mixed drinks

Once the demonstration was over and questions had been answered, the rest of the food was prepared and it was time to eat! This happens to be the best part of a Pampered Chef home party. You get to eat! Then everyone figured out just what they couldn't live without (products of Pampered Chef that is!), filled out their respective orders and left me with PILES of leftovers!

Carrie, my consultant, filled me in on what I had in sales at that point and we discussed what I will be able to get from said sales. I will still have people ordering that were unable to come to the party.

Once Carrie left and I had cleaned up the kitchen, I made my way outside to see what, if any, damage had occurred from the storm in my yard. Other than my flower pots being tipped over and several large branches from the tree on the ground, nothing major to report. It was a very interesting night to say the least! And I thank everyone that was able to come and/or order products from Pampered Chef.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all the yummy food is what I miss most about doing Pampered Chef parties. Or maybe it is HAVING to get all the latest and greatest products to show them off...or the opportunity to met all sorts of fun and interesting people...or the extra money from sales....okay, it was mostly fun:-)Too bad I wasn't very good at it!! :-) (I did okay at the presentation and cooking -- it was the getting people to book parties that was difficult for me...)

Kevin Moberg said...

OMG, some of those photos are FREAKY! Thanks for the links. (And reading your post just before suppertime was not a good idea -- now I'm STARVING!!)