Friday, March 27, 2009

TinkerBell Spotted on Southwest Airlines!

I had to get pictures of this. The first people that came to mind when I took the pictures were my nieces! I thought they may think this was kind of cute! I myself think it's very catching to the eye!
Southwest has many airplanes with different pictures painted on them. They may be dedicated to a certain work group in our company. They may be dedicated to a certain state to which we fly that has the respective state flag painted across the fuselage. And if you wait long enough and watch out the windows long enough in any one airport that we fly to, you might even see a "beached whale"! Yep, Shamu is even depicted on 3 of our planes. Each one has a specific name to go along with the painted theme. For instance, one plane has the state flag of California painted across it. Thus the name, "California One." Or, one of the planes has a huge basketball hoop with a basketball going through. It's called Slam Dunk One because we were a sponser of the NBA (National Basketball Association). We even have an airplane (click on the link to see the model with the jet about 1/2 way down the page, image no. 25) with a Sports Illustrated model (scroll down about half way on this site and see a closer picture of the girl!) laying across the side of the plane!
Those are just a few examples. Here is one site you can look at to see the many beautifully painted airplanes. Even though there are alot of photos to view, you should try to look at each one. The perspective on some of them is outstanding!

Here are a few that I took with my phone camera. I was sitting on the belt loader as the flight pulled into our gate. TinkerBell came to Omaha for a visit! I had the perfect view! After unloading it, I stood on top of the belt loader where I had a much closer look and got a better picture. See for yourself........

One of the newest of MANY themed aircraft. "Powered by Pixie Dust"

TinkerBell catches a ride the SWA way!

The nose of the aircraft. Walt Disney Pictures TinkerBell.



3 comments:

Hillary said...

That is the cutest, cutest Tinkerbell airplane that I've ever seen in my whole life. I feel very touched that you thought about us when you saw that. You are a great aunt, Sandy!

Abigail said...

Dear Auntie Sandy, Oh! My! Good! Ness! I never knew that airplanes could have symbols painted on them with the aircraft named after the symbol. I am very pleased that you thought of us while seeing Tinkerbell. You are a very nice aunt.

Suzanna said...

How cute! I love the nose of the aircraft. Now I really know that Tinkerbell is real! Love, Suzanna.