Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Do You Know Your Hymns?

I receive, from my hometown church in McGregor, ND, the monthly newsletter. Occasionally I find myself chuckling over some very creative and humorous items that are usually printed on the back page. Being Lutheran, we tend to find humor in many things. (shocking, right?) An example of this would be that it's very well known how much Lutherans love to have a potluck meal! Or maybe drink coffee in the middle of summer when the temperature's are soaring high!
Or maybe it's the fact that so many parishioners always sit towards the back of the church!

This month the topic of choice on the newsletter had to do with some very popular hymns and their relation to various occupations. I thought they were so cute that I wanted to share them with you as well. I think that even if you don't attend church on a regular basis, you will find them just as entertaining as I did!
Know Your Hymns!
--------------------
  1. Dentist's Hymn-----------------------Crown Him with Many Crowns
  2. Meteorologist's Hymn-----------------There Shall be Showers of Blessings
  3. Contractor's Hymn--------------------The Church's One Foundation
  4. The Tailor's Hymn--------------------Holy, Holy, Holy
  5. The Golfer's Hymn--------------------There is a Green Hill Far Away
  6. The Politician's Hymn-----------------Standing on the Promises
  7. Optometrist's Hymn------------------Open My Eyes That I Might See
  8. Tax Payer's Hymn--------------------I Surrender All
  9. The Gossip's Hymn-------------------Pass It On
  10. Electricians Hymn--------------------Send the Light
  11. Shoppers' Hymn----------------------Sweet Bye and Bye
  12. Realtor's Hymn-----------------------I've Got a Mansion
  13. Doctor's Hymn------------------------The Great Physician

And for those of you that like to speed when driving, here is a list of hymns you may choose depending of how fast you're actually going:

If you're driving.......

  1. 45 mph---------------God Will Take Care of You
  2. 65 mph---------------Nearer My God to Thee
  3. 85 mph---------------This World is Not My Home
  4. 95 mph---------------Lord, I'm Coming Home
  5. 100 mph--------------Precious Memories

Upon further research on silly Lutheranisms, I found this...if only to prove my point! And here is a list of bulletin bloopers.....FUNNY!!!

This will serve as your chuckle for the day! I hope it put a smile on your face like it did for me!

Happy Hymning!!!

2 comments:

Kari Copling said...

Hahaha! These are cute! I especially like the speeding ones, and will share them with my husband!

Kevin Moberg said...

Aren't you the humorous little Lutheran!

I'm commenting from sunny FL, where I'm quite the oddity. The only other blue-eyed blonds here are neither naturally blue-eyed nor naturally blond.