Monday, August 3, 2009

All Decked Out!

Well, it took just barely over 2 years to get 'er done, but vôila!, it's finally done! The deck is completed! I've sat out on it many times already. It's shaded most of the time after 12 noon. In the evening, it barely peaks over the roof top of my next door neighbor to the west. So it's the perfect place to hang out.

My next door neighbor on the east side is who I've thanked for it many times. He has his own business so his crew built it for me in just 2 days....after they tore down the old one as well. I have to replace a few pieces of siding yet but that's it.

Would you like to come out and sit a spell? I have icy cold beverages!!

Eventually I'll get some paver stones and place in the grass at the bottom of the stairway.


My grill is actually on it now as well.....but it's not up there for this photo. See the rhubarb next to the stairs?

So, just in time for the hottest part of our summers.....let the BBQ get-together's begin!

2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

Yay! Looks awesome.

P.S. Why, yes, I would like to come out and sit a spell. "I have icy cold beverages" is too difficult to resist.

P.P.S. "Voilà" rather than "vôila."

Cathy said...

I love it!! I know you'll enjoy many many evenings/days/years on your new shady (and sturdy!!) deck!
I'll come help you stain it! The sooner the better, before the wood gets dirty or wet....
Looks awesome, Sandy!
Love, Cathy