Monday, May 10, 2010

Leaving Las Vegas....Bummer

Today we rose at 4ish AM and got ourselves ready to leave for the airport. We would need to take a cab at this hour of the morning. After checking out of the hotel, we made our way back to McCarran Airport. Our flight was leaving at 7:35AM and we needed to check a bag. Once down at our gate we found Starbucks coffee and got a cinnamon roll at another little shop. Then we could go sit down and relax until departure time.

We didn't get to sit together this time even though we were across the aisle from each other. On top of that, we couldn't nap as we each had a coveted middle seat! Curses! No where to rest our heads for a little shut eye! So I worked on some puzzles and read a magazine.

Once back in Omaha, (at noon our time) we found my vehicle in my work parking lot and we left to take Tina back to her house. We had both been invited to our friend Tammy's house for Mother's Day lunch.

After getting home and unpacking and checking on my cats, (my friends Dee and Trisa took turns stopping at my house to feed my cats while we were gone) I headed over to Steve and Tammy's. We ate soup and sandwiches on the chilly day we were having. Tina and I had stories to tell but we both left fairly early to go home and nap! It had been a long day already and I was ready to chill out!

We both had the next day off but knew we would need it too. I'm so glad I didn't have to rise early! What a wonderful vacation I had....and I'm glad I could take Tina with me and use my buddy pass to save her some money as well. We had a blast....you must go if you ever have a chance. It's something everyone must experience at least once in their lifetime!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Funny how traveling for a vacation can wear a person out, huh?! Wise of you to reserve a day off so you could rest up after your vacation.