Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lovely Lilac!

I had to get a picture or two of my Korean Lilac. These bushes are so pretty and have such a wonderful scent. I wish the blooms lasted more than just a few days.
After work one day, as I drove towards my house and looked over, I saw how full the flowers were and they really showed up with my house as the backdrop.
So after I got inside I grabbed my camera. These moments don't last long and I wanted to compare this year with last year. This is only the second full year for this bush and the other landscape plants and they have really changed. Last year as I was watering flowers before leaving for ND over Memorial Day weekend, I could smell them and that is what made me notice how gorgeous they were back then. This year, the blooms are only a week earlier than last.
The Hosta plant on the left of the lilac is extremely large this year as well.





I wish I could include with this post, the fresh odor these blooms emit. I always have to inhale deeply when I get near the bush. Even while cutting the grass in the back yard I smell the lilacs' aroma. But alas, the blooms only last a few days. Then the bush will be back to just green leaves. Enjoy and try to imagine how wonderful it smells!



1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Yummy. We were just in Jamestown and got to smell a bunch of lilac bushes that surround Jamestown College . . . such a wonderful scent.