Monday, June 28, 2010

A Blue Irish Birthday Celebration

The 26TH was my friend Trisa's birthday. The plan was for a big group of us to go out to eat and then to a club for cocktails and maybe dancing the night before her big day. Too many people already had plans on the night of the 26TH.
She chose Baby Blue Sushi Sake Grill on Center St. They have an outdoor patio that had been reserved for our huge group of roughly 20 people that were planning on going. It was a very hot day and the tables that were reserved for us were on the west side...with the sun beating down on us! Wow was it hot! I was glad I arrived early to pick a spot at one of the tables that was facing away from the sun. Any of the late comers had to face the sun....
We had an awesome meal. The menu consists of other food besides sushi, thank goodness. I don't think I could eat it if I was paid! I shared a couple of dishes with one of my friends and we were quite full. We chose Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps that were divine! And we also ate Mango Crab Rangoon that tasted like none I'd eaten before it! The Mango flavor was subtle but also gave the dish a nice boost. Some people had room for dessert and chose the Fried Ice Cream. One serving was enough for at 4 people to devour! I remember seeing at least 4 orders of the delectable dessert! They were passed around for others to sample and help eat up before it had a chance to melt! I said I would have to go back sometime just for the dessert!


Me and the birthday girl....

Trisa and Tammy


All but 2 people were in this photo. Aren't we cute?


Trisa with her Fried Ice Cream topped with honey. Jamie, her husband is next to her.



Dee and Lisa....


Another Fried Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce. Yummy! I helped eat this one!


Here is everyone in the hot sun....the ice melted quickly in our glasses! And the wait staff was sweating just coming out the door to serve us!


Rick, Trisa and Susan. Rick and Susan were the two that weren't in on the large group photo.



Barry and wife Cleo, Penny, Trisa and Penny's hubby John.
Cleo and Penny are siblings.

Teresa, Trisa, Tammy and Tammy's husband Steve. Steve and Teresa are siblings as well.


Tina, Trisa and Tracy.


Janine, Trisa, Dee, Lisa


Trisa and Jamie not liking the heat very much!

After we left the Baby Blue, we drove to a nearby club called Two Fine Irishmen. It's near my house so I was happy that I didn't have far to drive! There were many people there but it wasn't packed even though there was a band there to entertain the crowd. A few other friends met us there that hadn't eaten with us. We stayed for awhile and discovered that it was a bit hard to chat with each other due to the volume of the music! Trisa thought that maybe we should go elsewhere. Myself and a few others had to get home because of being scheduled to work the next morning, bright and early. But others did go to another bar from there.
It was a great night and the food was delicious! I hope you had a great birthday Trisa!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Tasty! And fun. You have a good group of we-like-to-get-together friends, don't you?