Monday, June 21, 2010

Humidity Doesn't Keep Me Away!

If anyone is aware of how humid it gets here in Omaha, then you'll appreciate this post.

Doing activities outdoors is no big deal as long as you can find somewhere to cool off! I work outside and I also play outside. The humidity is just something you get used to I guess. Besides playing outdoor sand volleyball, I decided to share a membership at a water park with my friend. That way we split the cost and we can go anytime and just show our membership card. We chose Papio Bay as it's nearest our two homes. They have lots to do: diving boards, 2 water slides, kiddie pools, lounging chairs by the vast pool (that was heated up until the other day), showers and locker rooms, a snack bar, and even a sand volleyball court! Life guards are on duty at all times and kids under age 17 must take 15 minute breaks from the water each hour. The life guards blow their whistles at 45 minutes after the hour which signals break time from the pool. Then they blow them again at the top of the next hour to signify that the break time is over. There are plenty of lounge chairs and if they get filled up, the lawn has lots of space for swim towels to placed for resting or catching some rays.
I've been there several times already just in the last month! It's wonderful to go there just after work to cook down! It's always busy and I've seen a few other people I know each time I go.

There are a few water parks in and near Omaha. Fun Plex, Mahoney State Park Family Aquatic Center, CoCo Key Water Resort and Papio Bay. When my brothers' family came for a visit back in 2008, we went to Fun Plex one day and enjoyed the refreshing cool water. Remember this?

I've never been to CoCo Key or Mahoney State Park. But I hear they are nice too! There is always something to do outdoors if you like to get some sun. Come and visit me and we'll go to anyone you like!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Yep, I know how humid Omaha can get. But I also know how fun the water park is. Yay!