Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flower Power: The Summer Stages

Okay, remember this from May? Well, it's been a couple months and my flowers have really flourished. We've had alot of rain this year and they are looking beautiful. So I wanted to share some pictures with you.
Although the sky is overcast the temperature is humid and hot. But my flowers seem to love "hot with overcast skies". Especially the Moss Roses. They really open up on days like today. So I got the pictures of them after I got home from work. (Sorry for my appearance....work was very hot too!) Click each photo for a better look at the plants....
The one Gladiolus that came up. And up it went! It's as tall as I am!! The blooms are almost all open.


It would have been neat if all 8 Glad bulbs had grown and lined the garage wall.

This is a mixture of what I planted this year....and lots of volunteer Petunias and Moss Roses added to them.


Moss Roses

Back by the porch, there is a volunteer plant of Moss Roses....it's very large with white blossoms.


This isn't all my flowers. The Pansies on the deck are gorgeous also. And I have a pot of Marigolds on the opposite side of the driveway which has filled in nicely. Don't you just love flowers?


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

You are quite the gardener! They all look just great. Mom would have loved to visit your home and tour your flowers. Great work!