Saturday, October 23, 2010

Birthday Party and Pumpkin Patch Outing

Today was a busy day. Even though I didn't have to work, it seemed like the day was still hectic. I made two deliveries of Tastefully Simple products in the morning and then the afternoon was planned out for me. My friends Lisa and Scott were having a birthday party for their little girl Madison in the afternoon. Her birthday is actually October 27TH and she will be four years old! (I remember going to see her in the hospital after she was born...they grow up way too fast!) Today being Saturday, college football day, of course the Nebraska Cornhuskers were playing a game that afternoon as well. So some people were getting together for that instead....namely some of the guys. But the birthday party people would gather later for the game after the party was over. Except me....I had other things happening.

Madison had a few little friends over for playtime and then gift opening. It was funny to watch Madison's expressions when she opened her gifts. She has developed quite the "Miss Thang" attitude and it was pretty cute! That was followed by the cake and ice cream for everyone.

Later in the evening, after I left Scott and Lisa's house, I drove straight to Vala's Pumpkin Patch. You may remember all my photos from our visit there last year. Any of my coworkers that had planned on going could attend anytime during the day today. We all had free tickets to go and some had planned on being there in the evening to share in the food that was being provided. We were roasting our own hot dogs and marshmallows. We also had chips and drinks to go along with that. There were two bon fires for us to use. There are many other areas that people could reserve throughout the patch that also had bon fires for their own groups as well.
We always reserve the huge tent that they have available for large groups in case it's a bit cold or windy. It's a nice place to leave extra items instead of carrying them around the entire patch. People could also purchase other food at various stands. I always have to get the fudge. My favorite flavor is Peanut Butter. It's unbelievably creamy and soft! And of course the Kettle Corn is awesome as well! Aside from seeing my Southwest family roaming around here and there, I always see someone I know there as well. It's such a popular attraction and everyone loves to go. It's a great family atmosphere with a lot of activities for young and old alike.

After spending several hours there and enjoying the perfect weather of no wind and temperatures in the mid 60's, I helped clean up the tent and pack up the leftover "paid for" food that we would be taking back to work and decided to go home. What a great day it had been.
I was just as excited to get home and sit down to relax. I could smell the scent of bon fires on my clothes. But it's a nice scent and makes me love autumn because of it!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

What a fun annual event! If there's an autumn pumpkin patch around here, I don't know of it . . . I believe we'd have to drive to Bismarck.