Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Cats are Crazy!

Even though I don't have children, my two cats are always entertaining. And though I sometimes don't agree with their style of performing, it makes me laugh! If you've ever heard me tell the stories about my orange tabby, Trouble, then you know how I love to hate him at times. Yoda, my gray boy, (he's either a Russian Blue or a Korat in breed) is a lot more reserved. He doesn't care if you move him from one spot to another even if he's sleeping. He's a light stepper when walking across the floor. At times, if I'm cooking and turn to walk to the other counters, I almost step on Yoda only because I didn't realize he'd come into the kitchen and was standing right next to me! Trouble on the other hand, is like a bull in a china shop. You hear him coming from the other room. If he is on the bed while I'm sleeping, he walks over me as if I'm not there....showing no care in his steps and it doesn't matter to him what's in his path!

Trouble, ever the explorer, has a long list of items that he's broken because of his curiosity. He's fidgety and won't lay on my lap unless it suits him. And if he is laying on my lap, he has to constantly re-situate! A real nervous mervous that always has to be doing something. He won't even lay still long enough to be brushed! He always tries to play with the brush. Ever since he was a kitten, he has had a style of laying with his back legs straight out to the side or back behind him. And in my house I have a half wall that he loves to lay on with his legs straddling the wall! Observe below! Attractive, don't you agree? A very unique cat that I'm glad can't reproduce! He wears me out! Just picture having a two year old that never gets out of the stage of the terrible twos! There you have it....that's Trouble!

What I saw from my chair while I was watching TV one night. Cracked me up!


At a recent vet appointment, he was looking for some way to climb higher!

Yoda, is so laid back and quite. He is my snuggle bug no matter where I am. He loves to have his hair brushed and will let me keep on for a long time. And affection from me is something he loves. All I have to do is talk to him and before I even pet him, he is turning his head from side to side (it looks as if he is stretching his neck muscles) just waiting in anticipation to be petted! He is gentle and I never feel him walking on the bed during the night. I wake up and find him laying against me for warmth. He loves to play hide and seek and will at times, chase me from room to room! His favorite toy, besides cat nip toys, is a small piece of crumbled up paper. Grocery store receipts are the best. He will bat it around the floor and chase it all over the house. If it ends up next to a wall, he'll pick it up with his mouth and bring it back into play in the center of the room again. If it goes under the furniture, he'll lay on his back upside down trying to find it and wait for me to get it for him.

One afternoon he had been laying on the back of my love seat. He must have rolled over and misjudged his space. The result? He slid down onto the cushions and pillows and just stayed right where he ended up! No problem. He was automatically comfortable and didn't have to adjust his position at all. His personality is like that of someone who is rarely riled up by anything. The exception to this rule is Trouble. He gets rather annoyed by him a lot!


He had slid off the back down to the cushions. No big deal.


Here he had been looking under the stove for a piece of paper he had been playing with.

I love these two animals. They are such great company and keep me on the move most days. But then again, we all nap at the same time some days as well.

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

"Nervous-mervous" . . . I LOVE IT! I haven't used/heard that label in a long time!

Trouble is awesome. Yoda must have his good points, too, but he was so standoffish the last time we were there that he'll have to work to win me over next time. Tell him that, won't you?