Sunday, October 31, 2010

Costume Party!

I love dressing up. But dressing in a costume to portray a whole new identity is a lot more fun!

This year for Halloween I knew I would be going to my friend's house. Early in the day we would watch the college football game between Nebraska and Missouri. But after that we would celebrate a couple of birthdays while being in costume to celebrate Halloween at the same time!

My original idea for my costume was to use one that I had from a prior year. An Angel. But last week at bowling, one of my team members gave me a different idea based on an email she had been sent. It had a picture of lady dressed up like a "retired Hooters girl." Wrinkly skin, gray hair, saggy boobs....you get the idea. But the photo was very revealing in the upper regions of her body. The shirt was cut off at the bottom to show the lower half of the saggy boobs! My team mate Vicki, thought I should dress up like that. I thought it would be very funny! Plus, none of my friends knew about it and would be very shocked too! It looked easy enough to put together.

And so I started my hunt for all the items that I would need to pull off the costume of a retired Hooter's girl. I drove to Hooter's and bought a t-shirt. Next I went to Mangelsen's for a gray wig and makeup to give my face more prominent wrinkles. Once I had those things, I figured I could find a pair of orange colored shorts in any store. Much to my dismay, it was a more difficult task than I thought it would be. I went to 3 stores before I finally found a pair that would work.....at Scheels. My final stop was at Dollar General to purchase some pantie hose and bottle nipples or pacifiers that I could use for the, well....you know.

I ended up getting two pacifiers and took them apart to use just the nipple. I used finger nail polish to paint them flesh color. Then I used towels to stuff the pantie hose for the breasts. Once that was all done, I applied my makeup to give my face more wrinkles. Then I was able to get dressed. It turned out better than I thought! I had the same reaction from everyone that saw me. Once they realized it was Me behind the get-up, they were just falling over in laughter!

Later in the evening, we all went to three different bars and boy oh boy, did I get noticed! I had people asking to have their picture taken with me all night long! And yes, we went to Hooter's! I helped the employed Hooter girls wish some young men a "Happy Birthday" at their table. They couldn't believe what they saw once they took a look at me! It was great!

I almost won the costume contest at one establishment....I came in second to a younger girl dressed in a sexy police uniform. Go figure!


A luminary on my porch to greet the children that stopped by.....


The guys....

Jamie and Trisa

Tammy and Steve

Tina

.........and last but not least....Me! (I hope your not offended by this! Sorry if you are...)

I had a blast that night and so did everyone else! We haven't bar hopped for years and I'm sure it will be a long time before I do it again!

2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

"That I could use for the . . . well, you know" -- ha!! That is a pretty danged funny costume idea, and I'm impressed by how you were able to figure out all the elements and put them together into an (almost) award-winning costume.

(I had to show your pic to the family members gathered at Susan's aunt and uncle's house that night. Everybody loved it!)

I also like the luminary on your porch.

(Um, and look at your face in the final photo of just you. Do you see any resemblance to any Roloff aunts and uncles? I think it's the way you've got your mouth and maybe the lines from your nose down to either end of your lips.)

Anonymous said...

That is the best costume ever.....Love it