Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

Today will be a quiet day as Beverly is in the hospital and Dad and I will go there to spend a good portion of the day with her. 
I got up this morning and made a big breakfast of french toast with sausage and coffee.  While we were eating, I had put some bedding in the wash to help a little in the house.  After getting to Dad's last night, I changed the bedding for the bed I was using and then this morning Dad took the sheets off their bed as well. 
We planned on going to the hospital in time for Beverly's dinner and also eat there with her.  While we were all eating, Beverly's daughter Kathy (Jacobson) Huravitch walked in for a visit.  She lives in Stanley, ND and came to Tioga for part of the day. 
After spending several hours there, Dad and I went back to their house to relax a bit and visit. I actually fell asleep while sitting in a comfy chair for awhile.  Sister Cathy called from Oregon and brother Kevin called my cell phone to see where we were.  He had tried Dad's house but he was on the other line with Cathy and didn't answer!  So eventually, we all connected for an Easter visit! 
That night for supper I made spaghetti and garlic bread for our supper.  I had scrounged in the freezer after I arrived the night before to find things to make for our meals.  Dad later went back to the hospital for another visit with Beverly.  I stayed home to clean up after our supper.  While I was sitting in the living room watching TV and using my lap top, I heard someone talking and discovered my Aunt Penny, Dad's sister, coming in the door.  She knew I was in town and stopped on her way home from a trip to Williston.  It was fun to visit with her! 
She left for home and soon after, Dad arrived back home.  We sat up for a long time just talking before going to bed.  It had been a very relaxing Easter Sunday, albeit much less food and excitement than would normally occur in our family on Easter!

Dad and Hattie....Kathy Huravitch's dog


Hattie showing off her pretty pink bows on her ears. 


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

How nice that you could be there and make some food for Dad while Beverly was recovering. And it's fun to be able to visit with relatives, too.

(Okay, now I'm craving your/Mom's spaghetti sauce . . .)