Saturday, October 20, 2007

Crafty idea

Today I spent a few hours helping a friend, Cheryl, by working for her in a booth at a "Fall Home and Garden Expo." She has a booth here each year, mainly for easy advertising for the craft store that she owns. It's called Gallery of Crafts. She only has a sample of the many items one could find in her store at this show. I took a few pictures with my phone camera.

A few cute fall items

A few Christmas items

She had quite a few glass items as well that her Son and Daughter-in-law make. A picture just didn't look good to use. But it's clear glass: plates, wine glasses, salt and pepper shakers, butter dishes, candy dishes, silverware, serving utensils, etc., that they have decorated with colored glass stones. Very pretty! It's fun to attend these shows because it gives people ideas on how they can landscape, or you can see the new windows on the market, types of building materials or different kinds of cookware. There is also several varieties of food and drinks. The humane society is there every year as well. They make sure to entice people by bringing puppies to show off and make people say...."Oh, how cute!" And you just can't resist petting the furry little critters! ;)

But many vendors take advantage of the different crowds that attend by having home made foods. Jelly, corn cob spreads, jams, breads, etc. Some even have soaps and lotions. It's fun to mill around the arena and see what people have to share. It's also the time of year where you could attend a craft show or two or three every Saturday. I happen to love these too! I'll be attending the annual Omaha craft show on the weekend of November 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It's huge and held at the Omaha Quest Center. Christmas shopping is about to begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a big craft show in ages! I always enjoyed walking around, getting ideas. There were always a couple of projects that made me say, "I could do that!" I don't think I always followed through, but it was fun to wander.

Kevin Moberg said...

You are so crafty.