Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

This year I spent the night with all my friends. We gathered at Tammy and Steve's. The menu consisted of all "finger food." It was just easier than preparing an entire meal. I made Swedish Meatballs. I also had on hand and took with me 4 packages of Cubed Cheeses and a bag of chips. We also each brought our own beverage of choice for the night. I had a box of wine left in my refrigerator that was almost gone so that was my cocktail choice. The other foods that were there: BBQ beanie weenies, nachos, cheese and sausage slices for crackers, garlic bread, veggie tray with dips, crab cakes, pretzel sticks, home made salsa and chips, home made bean dip, and various crackers for dipping, home made truffles and cookies. I think that's all of it.

I was very tired having just worked 48 hours from Friday through Monday so I knew if I drank too much I would be sleeping very early. The other guests were commenting on how my eyes were barely open. I ended up staying at Tammy's. The wine and little bit of food that I ate made me tired quicker than I had hoped. I didn't feel well to start with and only got sicker as the night went. I got sick at Tammy's....I'll spare you the details!, and after going home the next morning I got sick again! Not to mention having, um, you know....diarrhea.

I was hungry but as soon as I would sit down to eat, I couldn't. It just didn't taste good and I thought I would vomit from the smell. I've been very congested and sick ever since! The best part of all this is that I'm on vacation at the same time. Nice vacation, don't you think? I have all these things I need to accomplish and haven't done very many of them.

I don't have any New Year's pictures as I knew that I wouldn't feel up to it. Sorry for that .... but suffice it to say, I still had a good time and I think we all did. We played some games and then rang in the New Year. Happy New Year to all of you!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Um, pleasant details about your bodily excretions. That's absolutely no fun, especially with the double whammy of wanting to celebrate New Year's and wanting to enjoy your vacay. I hope you're feeling better now.

BTW, the gift for Suzanna arrived today. She'll get it when she and the other ladies return from Fargo tomorrow eve.