Monday, January 7, 2008

See What I Did?

Since I moved in last summer, I knew that I was going to add some color to a few rooms. I started in the family room last September. Well, I've been on vacation for the last week. Even though I've been sick, one thing I managed to get done was paint one of the bedrooms. I've had some stencils that I was going to base my color on for quite some time. On one of my "feeling good" days, I spent the better part of 7 hours taping off the doors, baseboards and window, then applying two coats of lemon souffle yellow by Behr to the walls. I thought it was going to be a little more pale than it turned out, but I still really like it. Here (the moon, sun, stars and swirls) is a picture of what I have for this room. It brightened it up considerably and took away the boring hospital-white feel of the entire room. Now all I have left to do is to apply the stencils and re-hang pictures on the walls.

Just getting started
See how different it looks?
It looks brighter with the light on.
The cats love to sit in the window so I put a temporary cover on it to keep them from scratching the paint off. I want it to last for a little while!


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Nice and bright! Isn't it amazing what a little color can do?