Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation...Day #6

Remember the trip I took to Wichita, KS in June? Well, this weekend was the wedding of the older sister to that bride. Yep, one family, two weddings, one summer! Sheesh!
Kari Stagl married Justin Copling. I drove to Wichita on Friday morning for the wedding that night. I arrived in Wichita around 3 PM and went directly to the church as photos of family were being taken prior to the wedding. I found my relatives and snapped a few pictures.
Then all but the wedding party left. We drove to my Aunt and Uncle's house to have a light supper. It was nice to see everyone so soon after having been there only a couple of months ago.

Matron of honor....Kari's sister Sandy Murphy
The Mom's lit the single candles for the unity candle.
The Pastor and Justin watching the ring bearer and flower girl.
Saying their vows....

The Kihle Family...Duane and Adeline. Back row: Willie, Joanne (Kihle) Stagl and Ronnie

The grooms cake...he loved Superman as a child.


The toasting glasses....combined to make one glass. Apart, they are two.

One of three types of centerpieces made by the bride.

Another centerpiece...see the Beta fish(green)? The votive cups all had a different write up wrapped around them on how each "wedding" item came to be or how they all originated. (click on the photo to read the candle)

The last type of the centerpieces.


Getting ready to cut the cake!







Me and cousin Joanne.


Once again, the wedding was beautiful. The reception and dance followed in the Atrium of the church. The meal included sandwich rolls with deli meats and cheeses, BBQ beanie weenies, chips and vegetables and dips. The cake was served along with punch and mints and mixed nuts. They also had iced tea and water.

The dance was quite fun. I even did the Jitter Bug with Joanne's husband, Paul. I can't remember the last time I got to do that dance! What a blast!

The next day several of the Kihle family would be leaving Wichita as opposed to the last wedding when everyone was able to stay until Sunday. Ron left to go home to Denver, Willie's family flew out at 0-dark-hundred in the morning on a trip to Jamaica for a mission trip, and Kari and Justin were driving back to Dallas (where they live) and would be flying out on Sunday for their week-long honeymoon trip to St. Maartin. That left Sandi and Matt and myself as far as out-of-town visitors! After having a nice relaxing day of visiting and my brief shopping trip around Wichita, Adeline, Duane and I went to Joanne and Paul's for supper and more visiting with Matt and Sandi. They were flying out early on Sunday to go home to North Carolina. I was leaving Sunday as well to drive home to Omaha.


Sandi with their cute fur ball kitty cat!


Joanne and Duane worn out from all the festivities.


Paul in the chair, Sandi and Matt...the newlyweds of two months!

On my drive home, I made a stop at a Kansas winery called Smokey Hills Winery. It's located just north of Salina and I-70. Unfortunately they were closed on Sunday's! But I was surprised at how small it seemed to be even though it's a thriving business. It's nestled into the hills and is a quaint little corporation from what I could see on the outside.

The sign right at the corner into the property.

Doesn't it look like it's just a little farm yard?

Driving up to the winery.

Some of the crops.

More rows of crops.

I had tasted the wine and knew I wanted to buy more of it but it's not sold in Nebraska. And being I was driving literally, right by for the wedding, it was convenient to make a visit right to the winery. I had been given a bottle for my birthday and was determined to get more somehow. My friends all know of it as well and had placed orders with me to pick some up for them too. But no luck. We'll have to order from the web site!

All in all, this was a great trip for another beautiful wedding and wonderful visits with extended family!


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos! Since we couldn't be there, it's awesome to see pics of everybody. These are relatives I haven't seen since Mom's funeral, I'm sure.