Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here We Go Again!

I can't believe it but our bowling season has begun once again! We started the 19Th of August. It seems as though we just had our banquet at the close of last season. Now here we are at the beginning of another 33 weeks.
My average isn't all that great but I ended last year with 147. The first week this year I started with an average of 179! Ish! Nothing like having a high start.....which won't last long, I'm sure! It won't take too many weeks before I bring it right back down to where it should be.
I do love it though. This is also the end of my outdoor sand volleyball. So I slide right into another sport which keeps me active all year long!
It gives me something to look forward to each week and I enjoy the company of my team of women.

Bowling isn't too tough if you can roll a ball down a long, narrow alley. The hard part is figuring out how to roll it the correct way depending on the type of ball you have and be consistent! (This is where I struggle!) Consistency for me is virtually non-existent. I think my score's for the first week would prove that! And practicing in between league nights is not an option.....

I have several relatives (that I know of) that are brave and go out each week to see if they'll be the next ones to compete on ESPN's pro tour! I'll be home cheering them all on....
If things progress for me and I actually keep a higher average, I'll let you know. But don't hold your breath!



1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

They have bowling alleys in northwestern ND. Just sayin'.