Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Craft Fair" Season

Today I participated in my first craft fair as a consultant for Tastefully Simple. It was just a small event that lasted only 4 hours. But it was enough to give me an idea of how it will go in the future for other craft fairs should I decide to participate.

It was held at The Waterford Assisted Living facility. I had made beer bread, chocolate pound cake, 6 different dips and 2 cheese balls. I also had twisty grahams and blue Aztec chips (both TS products) along with store bought items for dipping; pretzel sticks, tortilla chips and vanilla wafers. But because I was unsure of what to expect in regards to numbers of people that could show up to shop, I ultimately had made more food than needed. But at least I didn't run out! I set up my table with actual products for display to give customers an idea of what the items look like. I actually had 3 people place orders and one person made a booking for a home taste testing party. Not bad for only 4 hours of work! And it only cost me $10 to reserve a table so it was definitely worth the effort.

One of my friends came by so I had her snap a couple of pictures as a memento of my first craft fair!

I had ordered the banner and the shirt I'm wearing only 1 week prior and received them just in time for the craft fair.

I will be one busy person in the month of November. Aside from another craft fair on the 8TH, I have roughly 8 home parties scheduled, an open house along with 3 other vendors and a cooking show as well. It's great fun and everyone loves to eat! Make sure to check out my web site. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/smccloud .

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

You look so professional! And a bit like Sheri Gudvangen! Move back to ND.