Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Spirit.....No Pun Intended!

Today I managed to put a few of my many Halloween decorations about the house and yard. I have quite a bit after the party that was held here at my house last year. I wanted to have my front yard in the spirit for any trick-or-treaters that stop by. Last year on Halloween, I wasn't home. So this is the first year in this house I'll be here to hand out candy. It's always fun to see what the imaginations of children and parents alike come up with for the youngsters to dress up in.

I waited until this week only because last week we had rain for literally 2 1/2 days straight! Anything from a list misting to a torrential downpour! Yesterday the wind was howling more than any coyote ever would so that was one more day down the tubes for decorating outside.




My perfect spider web complete with purple spider!



Big black spider creeping his way towards any visitors!

Lights lay inside this fragile, human-size string of bones. The camera does no justice!



My pumpkin lights the yard for the spooky nights ahead.


But alas, not to worry.....it did get done! I'm all for decorations. I love Halloween almost as much as Christmas. Now the inside of the house has a combination of Fall/Autumn decor along with the actual Halloween items. I have a sting of pumpkin lights on the railing of my deck and a cloth covered jack-o'-lantern with lights inside sits inside one of the upstairs bedroom windows as well.
And lest you forget my two cats, I always have to think ahead of the one named Trouble. My planning of decoration placement has to be in such a fashion that he can't get at them with too much ease. Especially the very fragile pieces. Believe me, he will try to be nose-to-item until he either triumphs and ends up playing with them or they are just too boring to bother anymore.
So there you have it......not as many things were put out this year. Last year I went all out due to the fact that I had a Halloween party here with all my friends in attendance. But I still had fun with the things that I did take out! Here's to a fun-filled holiday for your ticksters and treaters alike! Have a safe Halloween!



1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Very fun! Did you have many trick-or-treaters? We were at SEUSSICAL with the girls, so who knows how many kids rang our doorbell?