Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tastefully Simple on Tour

Well, after a short hiatus, I've been a little busy this weekend. On Friday and Saturday I attended a Tastefully Simple conference. The theme was "Rev It Up" Tastefully Simple on Tour 2009.


One side of the stage...

There were 5 people from headquarters in Alexandria, MN to get things rolling. We found out what the new spring and summer line of products is going to be, effective on March 9Th. So if you haven't already talked to me, get YOUR home party booked! The new season is going to be a great one!

Friday kicked off at 12:30 and several awards were given to those with huge numbers. By that I mean anyone that had the largest sales in our region, those who recruited the most people, those that climbed the ladder in leadership, etc. We had representatives there from several states: MN, SD, WY, NE, CO, TN, ND, KS and MS. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone! There were approximately 200 people in attendance! It was held at the Regency Marriott here in Omaha.

Later in the afternoon they began introducing some of the new line to us. During one of our breaks, we got to sample some of the new products. WOW! Very tasty indeed.

When we returned from break they gave out more awards. At the end of our first session, we had enough time for me to go home and change clothes. My own team mentor was treating our team to a little party and evening meal. She also gave out awards to some of the team leaders. Side note: I have only been with Tastefully Simple since August of last year. So I haven't promoted to anything other than Consultant quite yet. But as soon as I do, you'll know!


Then it was back to the conference for more awards (so many categories!) and the night finally wound up at 9 PM.

The next morning they began with continental breakfast at 7:30AM, to which I didn't go. I slept in instead. But I was there for the beginning of our next session at 8:30AM. There were several speakers on many of the tools we use as consultants. Host coaching, booking parties, recruiting and general sales. I brought home many new ideas on ways to improve my own business! They also unveiled more new products for the spring and summer line. In all, 25 new items! I can't wait! We watched many videos as well. More awards were given. One of which was to my team mentor, Tami Allen. She was one of the top recruiters in our region. Way to go Tami!




The top recruiters....Tami Allen, my team mentor is standing in the back row, far right.


The photographer is blocking some of the others in the photo. It's the only picture I was able to get.

We took a break for lunch which consisted of....take a guess....all new products! Yep....the hotel prepared it for us too! At each place setting, there was a product for us to take home. After lunch we were given yet another product for our own use. After sitting down and handing out more awards and hearing more speakers, there was a huge surprise for all of us. About 4 PM, coming in from the secret passageways of the hotel, was our President and CEO, Jill Blashack Strahan!





It literally brought tears to my eyes to hear her voice! She is such an inspiration to so many people and a very classy lady. She has had a rough life having lost a brother and her first husband within 8 months of each other back in 1997. This was two years after she started the company. She is a great speaker and has a natural ability to add humor where you least expect it! We were hoping to see her this weekend but because it was late on Saturday and our conference was nearing the end, I'd lost all hope. But she made it! After a standing ovating for her, she finally had a chance to speak! She did a question/answer period and then she left as quickly as she appeared. But it was the icing on the cake for me.

Every summer the National Conference takes place in Minneapolis, MN during the month of August. I'm hoping to be able to attend that as well. This is when everyone in the company that can be there is there. Cross your fingers for me.......

I was exhausted from the fast paced weekend and being well fed when I arrived home Saturday night. But it was well worth it!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

How nice that this could occur right there so that you could participate without having to travel far. Yay for professional development!