Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Birthday!

Last week I had another birthday. Yep, funny how they creep up on us like that.
At work, I managed to keep people from knowing for about 2 hours...until....one of my co-workers arrived at 7AM and she had a donut for me! She put it on the break room table with a piece of paper that said, "Happy Birthday Sandy!" Well, I was outside at the time working a flight. When I walked in, others had already seen it! The cat was out of the bag, so to speak!
Each month at work, 2 cakes are brought in on a random day of the month, that have been made in honor of any employees that have a birthday for that particular month. The names of each individual is written on it so that everyone knows who they are honoring. During the month of February, there are only 3 of us that happen to have a birthday. Well, the cakes happened to be brought in on my birthday! By the time I thought of getting a picture of one of them, people had already cut into them so some of the names didn't show. However, mine was still on there! So I took a picture with my cell phone. It was very tasty!
I hadn't gotten around to baking anything myself so this served as my official birthday cake.




The partially eaten cake!

After I got home that day, I baked a batch of brownies. They are great to eat no matter what day it is! I had many phone calls from friends and family. I also had many greetings on Facebook. It was so fun to hear from so many people and it made my day completely!
I will be getting together with some of my friends today too. Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

You so old! It's cool that people left your name intact until you had a chance to snap a pic. I hope you enjoyed your birthday-related socializing!