Monday, September 28, 2009

Momentous Move, Day 4

Today was the day that I would have to go back to my home in Omaha. A little bittersweet to say the least after what we had accomplished over the past several days. Even though we had spent the entire weekend in the house on the farm, it felt as if it were the last time I would do so. But that not being the case (the farm isn't going anywhere, just the people in it.) it was still a strange feeling. I walked through the house and took some additional photos. I know you're all shocked by this. However, an eerie feeling was lingering about in the atmosphere of the house. I felt as though we were abandoning something that was still in need of care. In my inner most thoughts, to me it was as if the house could actually "feel" the fact that we were leaving, or that Dad and Beverly weren't there any longer. I actually felt bad--for the house! Cathy and I stayed there alone the previous night and both of us were snapping pictures. She had one additional night in ND but would be staying in the house in Tioga.

The very empty living room that we all camped out in each night.


The once-upon-a-time piano/organ and computer room. The piano that we all learned to play is now at Cathy's house and the organ is at mine.



One of the bedrooms that I once slept in growing up.

My flight was scheduled out at roughly 4:55 PM. So we had plenty of time to go to Tioga and help out with other little projects in the new house. After we got there and ate some dinner, I went back into the laundry room and managed to empty the last of the boxes in there and organize the remaining items. Dad was sifting through a box of music that we brought with us and he picked out what he wanted to keep.
After relaxing for a while then it was time for Cathy to take me to Minot to the airport. I said my goodbyes to Dad and Beverly and we left them in their new house. Cathy would be returning back there for the night. Her flight would leave the next morning to go to her home in Portland, OR.
The days that I spent there seemed to go by much to quickly. It's always good to have the entire family all together, no matter the reason.

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Ah, how sad to think of it that way: that the house itself is going to miss us all. It was a great place to grow up--and is a great place to return to for holidays and weekends.