Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Baby Shower

One of my co-workers, Cari Gottschalk, is soon going to be a Mother. Her friends gave a baby shower in her honor today. I actually know them as they have been former Tastefully Simple hostesses for me. There were many people there....about 25 I think. I was a little bit surprised at the lack of Southwest employees there. But what are you going to do? Their loss....
The theme of the shower was that of a western, southern Texas, cowboy idea. Very cute! The invitations were our clue to that effect.
The baby is a boy, obviously. So, the tables had been set with blue and brown plates, matching napkins and forks, and centerpieces consisting of sunflowers and wheat sticking up from a quart jar with handles.
The food table was over the top with variety. All of it a western theme as well. It too, was decorated to match the guest tables. Straw bales, ropes, and matching centerpieces like the tables were set in strategic places amongst the food. The food selection included brisket with BBQ sauce, home made bean salsa and chips, pinwheels, a vegetable tray with dipping sauces, and BBQ beanie weenies to name a few. I know I've forgotten some things. The dessert had 3 flavors of cup cakes and 2 flavors of cheese cake and a choice of caramel, chocolate or strawberry sauce.
After playing a couple of games, Cari opened her gifts. She and her boyfriend Jason had registered at Target. So it was easy to find something they would need.



The huge food table!


Some of the place settings and centerpieces, and the gift table in the back.



Dessert table.

Cari opening the gift from me. She had help from Miley, 3, whom was a guest.


Cari, Tonya, Cari's Mom Pat, Sue. Tonya and Sue gave the shower.

Cari's Mom lives in Texas and many of her family came from her home town of Broken Bow, NE. It was a very nice party. I've known Cari for over 13 years. She and I both work for Southwest Airlines. It was fun to be a part of a huge stage in her life.
They have named the baby Jaxon. I'm excited to meet the little tyke! His birthday is supposed to be in early March. I personally hope it's late February! (wink wink!) Time will tell....Congratulations Cari and Jason!



No comments: