Monday, January 4, 2010

Visitors at Dad's

It was a nice leisure day, having slept in. Well, sort of. I didn't get to Dad and Beverly's until roughly 11PM the night before. We sat up and chatted. Even though I was in bed by 1AM, I couldn't immediately go to sleep. My mind was still racing with thoughts of my house, the impending weather in the forecast for Omaha, my cats, and my friend that would be caring for them, etc. I had a rough time getting any sleep at all so I decided to just get up at 8:30AM.

The house that Dad and Beverly moved into last fall didn't have a garage. So that's in the process of getting built. I bundled up and went out in the falling snow to get some pictures for you.


The walls and roof are on. The doors need to be installed and some insulating still needs to be done.


The back section of the garage will actually have a huge storage area, the length of the garage, built in. So even though you could currently park 8 small cars in the garage, that will soon change.

This will be where the storage area will be closed off from the rest of the garage. It will be the length of the garage. For now, there are coolers that have food from the freezers on the farm until it's finished. They are trying to keep things out of the way for my cousin Joel, whom is building the large facility.



I was able to pull into the garage right behind Dad's car. And the door in the background goes into the laundry room of the house. At the very top center of the photo, you can see a small lighted section of the roof. That is where it stills needs to be closed in as well. Snow comes in there if the wind is blowing it just right.



Later in the day Dad and I drove to the post office and grocery store. The temperature was quite mild for ND in January. 15* above zero! Not too bad! And it was actually warmer than it was back in Omaha, which is rarely colder than ND!

Beverly had invited her son and daughter-in-law, Dennis and Julie, and my Aunt Penny to come by for supper later that night. So I helped Beverly prepare the food which included boiled potatoes, steaks, corn, cauliflower, and Cherries in the Snow salad. Penny brought Dirt Salad and Whipped Jello Salad. Yummy! We also had some Lefse that I had made and brought along with me. We had fun visiting and laughing at each other's stories. It's always fun to see friends and relatives on my various journey's back to ND.

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Reminds me of the days in our childhood when relatives would regularly get together at one another's houses for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or just the occasional night out to "go visiting." I can perfectly remember the taste of Penny's salads--yum!!