Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter with Friends and their Families

Today I was invited to spend the afternoon with my friend Trisa and her hubby Jamie at his sisters house. Marsha and Duane were hosting the afternoon meal. I was told not to worry about bringing anything but if anyone knows a Moberg, they know that we do not arrive empty handed! I had cooked eggs the day before and then this morning I cooked potatoes and made potato salad. It's been a long time since I made it and I was very anxious to have some. The entire meal was delicious. Duane had smoked a pork tenderloin or two. It was very moist and tender. We also ate home cooked baked beans (sweet like I love them!), broccoli salad, cheesy potatoes, rolls, deviled eggs, veggies and dips, and various drinks to choose from. (I'm forgetting a side dish) Then a little later after our huge meal had a chance to settle and the guys got in a couple games of horseshoes, we were treated to home made carrot cake! It was still warm!
Needless to say everyone had plenty to eat and no one was left needing anything else to eat!
Sorry, I have no pictures of the short, quiet, relaxing visit and meal. But it was nice just the same.

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Your potato salad = Mom's . . . yummo!

And carrot cake on Easter? What a clever idea. If you're gonna buy carrots for the Easter bunny anyway, may as well buy a few more and make dessert.