Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Shopping

This week I had been having discussions with Trisa and Tina about shopping for the perfect outdoor wall decoration to hang under my porch between my long living room windows. They had a couple stores in mind that I just might find such a thing.

After attending a jewelry party, Trisa rode with me and we met Tina at an outdoor decorating store called Wild Birds Unlimited. Most of their items were bird baths, bird feeders, bird food and the like. But nothing that would work for my house.

On the way to another outdoor decorating store, we stopped at the Nebraska Furniture Mart. I have made several purchases here. It's so huge!! Anyway, we browsed the bedroom sets. I plan on getting a new set sometime in the future. I need to remove wall paper and paint my bedroom first.
From there we drove to Canoyer Garden Center. I was impressed at the vast selection of decor. Every little nook had something to see. I had to stop and just take it all in, no matter what area I was standing in. In the gift shop area were so many little items for shelf display but also a lot of large items. Bird baths and feeders, wall decor, garden stepping stones, knick knacks, flags. There were a couple of things I could possibly use to hang on the outside wall of my house. But a measurement of the space will be required to make sure it actually fits. So I haven't purchased anything yet. Then you enter another section of the Garden Center and find all the flowers for planting. Rows and rows of hanging baskets. Shelf after shelf of potted plants. It was a beautiful sight. I did see some different flowers that I may end up getting when it comes time to buy my stash for planting.
It was a fun day of shopping and planning for the spring display of flowers. When I find something, I'll be sure to snap some pictures. Stay tuned!

No comments: