Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vacation...Day #4

Sadly, this is the last day I have to spend with Kevin and Susan's family before they leave to continue their travels. We had planned on going to a water park this week and today was the day. Fun-Plex is where we chose to go. Not only is it a water park with big water slides, a motion ocean, a lazy river and a kiddie pool, they also offer kids rides including a small roller coaster, a Ferris wheel, bumper boats and a go-cart race track....just to name a few! You really need to check out the web site to know how much there is. However, we had planned on only visiting the water park. It was a nice hot day for it and we stayed there for about 3 hours!
We ate the Panera bagels and fresh fruit including strawberries, grapes and bananas for breakfast early in the day. Then for lunch before going to the water park, I made Egg-cakes....a similar version to crepes and also known as Swedish Pancakes. It's a recipe from my Aunt Adeline whom lives in Wichita, KS. She made them for my family when I was a kid and we were traveling all over the place visiting many relatives! My own Mom had the recipe and now I have it. It's always a hit for us and it's something I don't make very often. So we indulged and remembered why we love them so much! We put butter and either syrup, brown sugar or white sugar on top. Then we roll them up and eat! Very yummy!

Then it was time to get into the swimming suits and lather up with sun screen. It was going to be another hot day (shocking!) in Omaha. However, the humidity gave us yet another break. At least I thought so.....considering what we had been dealing with the prior days and even the week before!
I didn't have my camera along with me to get any photos. But Susan took several to capture our best moments! Here is my brother Kevin's version of our day at the park! He has pictures included. Of course you can read his stories of the previous days and nights as well. (There is a link to his blog on the right side of my home page towards the bottom.)
After wearing ourselves out in the sun and water, we gathered our belongings from a rented locker and headed home to eat! Have you noticed a theme to our evenings? Food!!!
Tomorrow would be a sad day as they were leaving to round out their vacation with a visit in Ames, IA and then on to Minnesota and Wisconsin the following day.

No comments: