Thursday, November 18, 2010

......Starring Tanya Krof

It's amazing to me just how quickly people grow and change. As I've noticed as I age, the time seems to slip past me quicker every year. After living here in Omaha for over fifteen years now, I've watched the children of my friends grow up as well.

My friend Tammy has two children over the age of 19 and one of them is a junior in college majoring in music education, with a minor in art. Her daughter Tanya has several talents in music. As part of her requirements in one of her classes, she sang in a recital. She sings soprano and was accompanied on the piano. I was invited to attend. We filled two vehicles and drove together to Lincoln to Nebraska Wesleyan University. The audience in Plainsman Hall was small and quaint in the auditorium; her parents, siblings, grandparents, college friends and a couple of us that have watched her grow up, were in attendance.

Her program consisted of many selections by composer Johannes Brahms. She made her own posters to advertise the recital. It was entitled "Raisin Brahms!" and had a photo of herself with a spoon in her mouth as if she had just had a bite of food. Very clever....

Following her performance that lasted just over thirty minutes, we all joined her in the lower level of the hall for a small reception. Tammy, her Mom, had made several kinds of cookies and brought some beverages for all to share. We congratulated her on her achievements thus far and took many photos of Tanya and all her relatives and friends. (pictures are the norm with our group...) So I had my camera in preparation.


Tanya and her Mom, Tammy

Tanya and her little sister, Paige

Young Lady...

It was fun to listen to her sing! I hadn't ever heard her really belt out on anything before and this was a treat. Keep up the great work Tanya!


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Tammy doesn't look old enough to have a daughter in university! You're a good friend to make the trip for that event. Congrats to Tanya on this milestone.