Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy "10" Anniversary Trisa and Jamie!

May 5th marked 10 years married for my good friends Trisa and Jamie.  I had told them several weeks before that they should do something special, just the two of them.  Because they have a young son in school, I told them that I would even take care of him while they were gone.  Then it wouldn't upset his schedule and the dog would be taken care of at the same time.  So the planning began and for them the biggest challenge was to figure out just where to go.  Jamie wanted to be somewhat close by yet out of town was okay too.  Trisa was game to go anywhere.  But going somewhere they hadn't been before was a must. 
After making the decision to go to Nebraska City, NE., I arranged to have an extra day off for the weekend. 
Gavin, their son, had a soccer game on Saturday morning.  I went to watch him play along with Trisa and Jamie and Judy, Trisa's Mom.  From there Trisa and Jamie left for their overnight trip.  Gavin had a birthday party to attend at noon immediately following his game.  I took him to Chuck E. Cheese Pizza where he found his friends and I stayed to have a little bite to eat myself.  The Grandma of one of his friends came by to pick up both boys and take them to an outdoor amphitheater for a couple of hours.  So I had time to go to my house and change clothes, take care of my cats for the rest of the day and go to Gavin's house in time for him to be dropped off.  He had been a very busy little guy for the whole day up to this point.  He was glad to be home and changed clothes. 
He relaxed for quite a while and played his XBox 360.  After awhile we went outside and played soccer on the driveway.  I saw another friend of mine (that is a neighbor of Trisa and Jamie) sitting outside with her kids and enjoying the outside air.  We walked to her house and visited with her for awhile. 
That night, after getting to say hi to his Mom and Dad via a phone call, Gavin fell asleep pretty early.  I turned in myself shortly afterwards. 
The next morning after sleeping in, Gavin and I had some cereal for breakfast.  It wasn't long after that the Jamie and Trisa arrived home.  It was a short 45 minute drive for them.  I made my way home and being it was also Mother's Day, made a call to my step Mom Beverly to wish her a good day. 

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

That was a super-short time away from home for them. I hope they had fun nevertheless. You're s' good to babysit for them.