Friday, September 26, 2008

A Day of Pampering....

Wow....that's all I can say. I treated myself today. I went to a salon and had a facial and brow wax. And because I'm a new client, I was able to have a free hand treatment. My hands were gloved with certain products that heated up when mixed with water. After removing the gloves, each hand was massaged. They were very smooth from the products that were applied. Sounds OH! so fun doesn't it?

If you've never done this....and guys I understand you not wanting to have a facial, (you can still do the brow wax!) then ladies, I highly recommend it! This may sound crazy but I've never done it until today.

I recently visited this particular salon, Gloss Salon and Day Spa, because I had received a gift certificate and used it a few weeks ago for a pedicure. My girlfriends' wedding was the special occasion. I also was given coupons while there, for future visits on different services. So I had made an appointment to get a facial. This was the most relaxing hour and 1/2 I've had in so long! That is once the eyebrow waxing was complete. Ouch! Anyway, it involved facial, head, neck and shoulder massage, skin treatment, and the hand massage. The esthetician definitely knew what she was doing. The sad part is that this particular girl will be moving in October. But she referred me to one of her co-workers.
I was in a very soothing environment with subtle calming music playing in the background the entire time. She had me lay on a body conforming table that almost made me fall asleep! Once I was done developing (for lack of a better term!), I went home and felt like sleeping the day and night away. I was so relaxed. However, I ended up playing some sand volleyball instead. It was a beautiful night so I didn't mind once I got there.
I've never been one to do something for myself such as going to a spa. And other than having to treat my skin for acne as a teenager with a little help from a dermatologist, doing anything special to my skin has just never been a concern. A daily washing in the shower and occasionally after a bad day at work has always been the extent for me. But I've never had any problems either.
I was told at the spa that my face is a little oily (always has been!) but yet it's dehydrated. So now I'm using some products, without any alcohol, mind you, to help alleviate the dehydration. After all, I'm 40. And working in the elements every day isn't helping. So I guess it's time for me to start taking better care of my skin! And a return trip to the spa is surely in order!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE getting pampered! I got a whole DAY at a spa as a mother's day gift once -- facial, massage, manicure, pedicure, and hair cut! It was such a nice day -- perhaps I should drop some hints that I could use another! :-) Glad you had fun and got to relax.

Kevin Moberg said...

Sounds fun! Now you're all relaxed and ready to move north, I'll bet . . .