Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Have Visitors!!!!

Today is the day! Dad and Beverly told me they were leaving their house in ND on Saturday and would make it a two day trip.

After finishing a couple other clean-up duties, I would be getting company today! I was able to relax and just wait for their arrival. I had just turned on my outdoor Christmas lights to help make finding my house a little easier. Finally about 5:30PM I saw their car on my street, barely creeping along and squinting at each house number in an effort to figure out just which house would be the end of their trek. So after opening the front door and waving to get their attention, I put on my coat and went out the door so that they would know I wasn't some over zealous greet freak! Once they realized they had reached their destination, i.e. my house, they pulled in the driveway. Bandy, their dog, was practically jumping through the closed window of the car just to see the person on the outside of the car peering in at her! (that was me!)

They had made it with the aide of the GPS. **Thank goodness they had entered the correct address!
****Story within this story: Now if you don't know the story behind that comment, it's a total other story in itself! You can read about it from my brother Kevin's blog and a trip our family made just over a year and 1/2 ago. (I'm really not trying to pour salt in any wounds!) But it's funny! Here is the first part of that and here is the BEST part of that story!

Anyway, they had no problems getting to my house.......thankfully. The weather was good in Omaha and they made it! I was so excited!
A: I was on vacation!
B: Dad and Beverly hadn't been to Omaha since before I bought my house, which was in July of 2007.
C: I love having guests!

After admiring their new car, a Ford Edge, we made our way into the house and I gave them the tour. I knew they may not like all the stairs that need to be climbed in order to get around but they did pretty well.

We brought all their things up to the bedroom and got them settled in. I had made a big batch of chili that was cooking in my slow cooker and would be ready to eat after they got here. So we sat down and ate supper. Just as I suspected, the cats each had their own thoughts about the dog. Trouble was just annoyed because of Bandy's curiosity towards him. Bandy and Trouble ran all over the house. Bandy would get frustrated because the cat would find a high spot to avoid her. Then she would start barking at him as if to chew him out for not playing fair!
Yoda found a spot under my bed and hid. It was just a matter of time before he would be comfortable enough to come out and be sociable. It was going to be fun watching the animals interact, no doubt.

The rest of our time will include shopping, eating, hanging out at my house, and eating and maybe more eating! I have lots of cookies and other goodies to share with them. They won't be hungry when they go home!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Ah, the unforgettable road trip to Colorado Springs! Thanks for bringing that up. Sadly, it's the first thing that popped into my head when I read "GPS" in your third paragraph!

I'm glad they're there safe and sound, that you're loving their vehicle, that Bandy and your cats are loving one another, and that there's plenty of food in your house. What a surprise--ha!

Have fun!