Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New Vacation....

Today is the first day of vacation, 2009. The first day of the first week out of 4 weeks that I have to use for this year. I wanted to get my holiday decorations put away and get my house cleaned up so that I could put my non-holiday decorations back up for the year. This job requires reorganizing each piece to fit just so into the respective plastic tote or box and stack them back up against the wall in my laundry room. It's here that the storage containers will acquire a brand new layer of dust over the next 11 months until it's time for me to do it all over again. Now I remember why I love Christmas so much!!! (too much work!)

But I had another motive for getting everything put away and getting my house back to normal. I will be having family coming for a visit and staying with me! My Dad and Beverly and their dog Bandy. I'm sure my cats will wonder what the heck is going on when they see Bandy. They haven't seen my house yet. My cats will probably wonder what the heck is going on but seeing how they are familiar with dogs, it shouldn't be too bad. I'm sure it will be entertaining! I love having people here and cooking the old favorites of childhood days that my Mom used to be famous for.

I'm not sure exactly which day they will arrive but it will be this weekend. I'll be ready! I don't have to work until the 13TH so it will be nice to hang out at home or shop or whatever they feel up to.

Here's to vacation !!!

No comments: