Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!



Because my days off fall on Sat/Sun, (this schedule will be short lived!) I was still scheduled to work on New Year's Day. But this holiday we actually had a reduced flight schedule. We were still starting our shifts at 5 AM, but the first flight out wasn't until 7:20 AM. That means that we didn't have to do too much until roughly 6 ish. Plus, we only had 3 originating airplanes which were spread out through 3 hours. EASY! Typically, we have 4 originators all leaving between the hours of 6:15 and 8:45.
One of my fellow ramp agents brought in some ingredients to make a breakfast consisting of eggs, ham, onions, peppers and sausage. We ate toast with that. I had (without knowing of his intentions) brought in a loaf of beer bread and Spinach and Herb dip. So during our shift, people munched on that as well. It was a relaxing easy day compared to that of Christmas Day. The holiday travelers are finally getting home again which makes our life easier at the airport!
New Year's Day was incidentally my last day of work before my vacation started. Once I left work at 1:30 PM on the 1st, I am off until the 13Th. Yippee!
My Dad and Beverly will be driving here from ND sometime this weekend. I'm not sure how much time they will spend here but hopefully it's a long time! After all, they are retired and it's a lot warmer here than there. They haven't been to Omaha since before I bought my house. That was in July of 2007. So I'm very excited for them to come and stay! They will bring their dog Bandy with them. I'm glad because my naughty cat Trouble will have no time to get into my cabinets, closets, etc. He has a knack for doing these things while I'm trying to sleep. I'm hoping that he will be too worn out at night to do that!

I don't actually make resolutions but hopefully I can do better on the procrastination issue that I seem to have! Sometimes I tend to put things off. Don't we all?




1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

I hope you have an excellent vacation and a wonderful visit from/with Dad and Beverly! You should take them to the water park that you, Susan, the girls, and I went to. I'll bet that'd be fun in January.