Monday, August 30, 2010

Air Show 2010

This past weekend the annual Offutt Air Force Base Air Show was held in Bellevue, NE. Even though the admittance is free, the traffic and parking can be quite the hassle, so I'm told. I've never gone in all the 15 years that I've lived in Omaha! Can you believe it? However, one of my friends lives directly north of the air force base and has a bird's eye view (sorry, I had to say that!) of all the action! So I and a few others drove over and we sat on her driveway and watched it from our lawn chairs. The noise was as if we were actually there. They were that close overhead!
The Thunderbirds were part of the big show and even though my camera isn't a zoom I did get a few good pictures. They will travel all over the US and put on shows. They were even in Huron, S.D. one year when I lived there. I believe it was back in 1989. But I missed seeing them because I happened to be in ND for vacation during the week of the air show! Go figure!











I had planned on attending in person so that I could see some of the new jets that were on display. But it was such a hot and humid day I decided against it. So unfortunately, I don't have many pictures. Maybe another time....
But I took a couple of videos with my cell phone too. This one was the best.

(click on the arrow to view video)

Because I wasn't actually there, I don't have a whole to share on this but I wanted you to see what I pictures I did have!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Oh, that video is super-cool! And I like your idea of skipping the hassle of the crowds and just viewing the event from your friends' home. That way you can slip inside for air conditioning, a cold beverage, or the restroom whenever you feel like it. It looks as though the view from there was great, too.