Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another Room Complete!

It's already been three and a half years since I moved into my house. You'll recall my brief photos of a few rooms from this post back in 2007. I have since painted or torn down wall paper in several rooms. You'll notice in the post from 2007 the picture of the master bedroom (with blue walls) that is completely ugly! Guess what? I finally changed the looks of it now. And I love it! Remember this? Okay, here are the "after" pictures of that very room. See for yourself....


I even repainted the ceiling fan blades. They used to be a faux wood grain.



I was inspired to get the room done after I had gone shopping on the Monday after Thanksgiving. I've been having some terrible back pains for the better part of a year. It's been in large part, due to the bed I've been sleeping on. It was used when I bought it at the time I moved into my house. I knew back then that I would someday buy a nice set. Well, my back just couldn't take the pain any longer. So I found a new set with a pillow top mattress. I knew from my trip to Las Vegas last May that it would work for me to sleep on that kind. That's what was in the room of the hotel that I stayed in.
Check it out......

Queen size with pillow top mattress. It sits quite high from the floor. I had to get used to climbing up to get in! The wood is cherry but it's so dark that it seems more like dark brown.






My next dilemma was selecting a color of paint. I hadn't purchased bedding for the bed yet. So I knew I would do that before I could pick out paint colors. After shopping in three different stores, I found one at my favorite store, Kohl's. I had a tough time picking one out. The colors were similar but the patterns were a little different for my tastes. Then, I had to decide which set had the most items for the cheapest money. I finally found one I liked for an awesome price. It came with all four throw pillows, two sets of sheets, four shams, the bed skirt, comforter, and two extra pillowcases.
Now that I had my bedding, it was time to pick out paint. I'd had some paint samples for a few months in hopes that I'd do this project long before now. Not so much. It was just as well. It seems that I work better under pressure! Why not wait until December when I should be getting ready for the holidays? That didn't start until last week! All I had done prior to December first was to put up the outside lights. Nothing inside had even been started! Oh well....
Two of my friends came over the first weekend of December to help remove the wallpaper. The following weekend, another friend came over to help paint. She also helped me to pick out the colors that matched the bedding and woodwork of the bed. It's such a change and I love it!
Since all of that has taken place, I've put my bedroom back together, decorated my house and have begun my baking for the Christmas holiday. Christmas cards still need to be done but that will happen when it happens! Although I still have a couple things I need to do, it can wait. I've got out of town family coming for Christmas! Woo hoo! I'm so excited! Check back for my posts on their visit!

2 comments:

Snoozn said...

It looks great, Sandy -- good job! I can't wait to see it in person. :-)

Kevin Moberg said...

Favorite line: "Not so much."

I can't believe that I didn't read this before visited. Oh, well: it was a nice surprise to see when we arrived. Good shopping!