Sunday, December 16, 2007

Friendship, food and food!

Last night my friends and I all gathered for our annual Christmas party. This year we went to Dee and Chris' house. The girls always draw names and exchange an ornament. And we always have a different menu, potluck of course. This year we chose to have a Chinese buffet. None of us had really made Chinese food before. But we all somehow came up with a recipe for something different, pre-arranged of course. I happen to love Sweet and Sour Chicken so I did some research on line and found a few recipes that looked pretty good. I ended up combining two of them and I have to say, it was very good! Everyone's food was good. Let me see if I can remember everything we had. Sweet and Sour Chicken, Broccoli Beef, Cashew Chicken, Egg Rolls, Crab Rangoon, Fried Donuts, brown rice, fried rice, pot stickers,...I think that's it. Well, see for yourself...



Cookies I made and dessert that Tammy made.
We always take pictures of us girls too. Here they are.

Teresa, Dee, Lisa, Trisa, Me and Tammy

We couldn't leave out the guys....Steve, Jamie, Scott, Chris and Tim

Aren't we mature?

Later, we were all sitting around gabbing and a couple of the girls wanted to go out and make snow angels. Not me! Dee and Tammy actually did it, too! Without coats! And it was roughly 5*. Brr!!!



Oh, would you like to see my ornament?....Here it is...

There is music in between all the accordian-like folds. I had almost bought this for myself when we all met for brunch a week ago or so. How funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a lovely evening -- and I love the idea of an ornament exchange! Maybe I should talk my friends into that :-)

Kevin Moberg said...

Mmmmmmmmmm . . . . Chinese food . . . .