Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Rare Form Of Mother Nature's Art

December 1st, 2007. What kind of weather would you expect to see going on right now in Omaha, NE, on December 1st? Snow falling? Sub-zero temperatures? None of the above. Today, it started out with freezing rain and has switched over to just rain. This morning it was about 25* and raining. And freezing the rain to everything it touched. It was beautiful....if you didn't have to travel. No matter what direction you looked, there was about 1/4 inch of ice on the surface of trees, decks, fences, vehicles, even the grass! I couldn't resist this photographic moment and hence, I found a few things that looked so cool!



The tree in my front yard.

The bushes in front of my porch.
The bush at the west end of my porch.


My deck railing....

My deck.

We have strange weather sometimes......it's been raining all day long. But at least the temps have risen so that the ice from this morning has melted. So my pictures were taken at the right time. I fortunately had the day off from work. I decided to take advantage of being stuck inside and did all the decorating on the inside of my house in anticipation of Christmas. It's done now....and I'm exhausted. Maybe more from keeping my cats out of my tubs and boxes than from the decorating itself.
I hope you aren't having the freezing rain we did.....or at least if you are, hopefully you got to stay home like I did! ;)


1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

You should live in southwest ND . . . the weather's lovely here.