Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Saturday Time Out

In the midst of this busy holiday season, I called all my girlfriends the other day and asked them if they wanted to go out for brunch on Saturday. They were all game and surprisingly, available! It's hard to get us all together. More often than not, one of us has already got something going on. So we met at the Cracker Barrel. They have a very nifty gift shop too. I managed to find a couple items there. One being a new cook book for myself. It's from Gooseberry Patch and is strictly recipes for Christmas cookies, frosting and the like. I've always wanted a Gooseberry Patch cook book and never had one. They were on sale so I couldn't pass it up! ;)

After we finished there, I proceeded to drive to Kohl's. For those of you that know me well, you already know that it's my favorite store ever!! I probably own stock in it by now. I succeeded in finishing my Christmas gift shopping. I'm pretty sure that this is the earliest date in history before Christmas that I've been
done with my shopping.

Then I went home and made a batch of Sour Cream Cookies...my Mom's recipe. Another first, they turned out perfect!(if I do say so myself!) Normally they are too dry and the frosting is just chunky. They look and taste just like Mom's! It was a very good day!















1st photo: Madison, Logan and Mom Lisa
2nd photo: Dee and her son Dillon
3rd photo: Tammy, Me and Trisa

Next week is our annual Christmas gathering....with lots of food....stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I'm jealous -- I'm NOT done with my shopping, and the last couple of years I have been by now -- so I need to get on the ball! And my mouth is watering thinking of those cookies -- they are a favorite for both Kevin and I, but I have trouble getting them right, too. Enjoy them!

Kevin Moberg said...

I am coveting your cookies.