Monday, December 24, 2007

In Oregon at Last

I thought this week would never get here! I love Christmas and spending it with family is the best. And that's exactly what my plan was for the year 2007.

I flew to Portland, Oregon on Friday the 21st. My sister Cathy lives in Woodburn, OR, which is south of Portland. On the night before I left, I hadn't been feeling 100%. Sleep was scarce that night and I was blaming that lack of sleep for my not feeling very hot. But after I arrived in Oregon things just continued to get worse. I was coughing, had a stuffy nose and had occasional headaches. So after Cathy picked me up, we stopped at Walmart so that I could purchase some cold medicine. It's a good thing I did.

The next day, I was feeling worse! The aches were were running rampant through my whole body to the point that I could hardly rise from the couch. My head was full, and I barely had energy to brush my teeth. Cathy took my temperature and it was right at 102*. I just kept taking medicine and napped on and off the entire day. I managed to eat some toast and later some popcorn. Good for sick people, huh? By the end of the day, I was feeling alot better.

Today when I woke up I was feeling like a whole new person. I was able to scrounge up enough energy to shower and eat a decent meal. I've even been helping with some of the cooking! I was determined to be up and feeling well for the holiday that would soon be arriving....sickness be damned!

Cathy and Kathy, Frank and Bea and myself.....we'll have a nice Christmas after all. Bah Humbug on being sick!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

You go, girl! Glad to hear you were better in no time. We had a terrific Christmas eve and, so far, a great Christmas day, too. I'll blog all about it later. We're looking forward to hearing from you later today!