Friday, March 28, 2008

Bathroom Update

OK, let's get right to the point. If you recall my post about updating one of my bathrooms, you will remember that I was removing wallpaper and had plans to update the light fixture. Well, in the last two weeks, I've removed all but a small 2x3 section of the wallpaper which happens to be the portion of wall behind the toilet. That will be taken care of this weekend. However, I have changed the light fixture. It's so cool! It's brushed nickel and the globes are very heavy glass. It definitely changes the look in the bathroom. After I get the rest of the paper removed, I'll prime and paint. I purchased it at the Home Depot. It was hard to choose a design. I knew that I wanted the brushed nickel. It looks quite spiffy.
I've never dabbled in "electrical" home projects before. But after a briefing from a couple different people and reading the directions that came with the new light, it was quite easy. The hardest part was figuring out just which circuit breaker was for the bathroom! After making a few trips up and down the stairs and testing different circuits, I finally found the right one.
Picture this if you will: go downstairs to the circuit panel. shut off a switch. go back upstairs to the bathroom and test the lights.....they still work. Ok, go back downstairs, turn the switch that I just shut off back to the "on" position. shut off another switch. go back upstairs and test the lights. they still work. "Uffda!"
Once I had the right switch in the "off" position, I was then able to set about the task of taking down the old light; this is one you would find, perhaps, in a dressing room on a movie set for example. Large round lights all in a row. But they're gone now!
Tomorrow I'll move on to the priming and painting. It never ends......


Notice the absence of the ugly wallpaper


2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

Me likey! Wanna bring us some nice light fixtures and install them at our house?

Anonymous said...

Very nice choice! Perhaps you could give us some pointers -- we've got LOTS of light fixtures in need of replacing in our house...