Friday, March 14, 2008

Out With The Old...Etc, Etc.

My household projects continue. Recently I've started the process of removing some wall paper in one of my bathrooms. And as you can see below, it baffles me as to why the former owners picked it out in the first place! It's simply ugly! (Ask my sister, she's seen it!) Wouldn't you agree? Fortunately for me, only one bathroom has wallpaper. This has got to be one of the worst jobs I've ever tackled. That's right, I've never had to remove wallpaper before. To my rescue is DIF and the Paper Tiger. They really do aid in the removal.

Before the removal process
The nasty process has begun

These lights will be updated as well.

The bathroom also has "dressing room" light fixtures in it as well. Without question, I'll be finding some updated lights to replace the old ones. I've seen some nice ones at The Home Depot. And from what I understand, it's easy enough to do myself. So I'll give it a shot...why not? There's a first time for most things, right?

The next thing will be to find some new paint that will go on the walls once the paper is all gone. Eventually, I'll have someone lay some ceramic tile. That should spiff it up nicely. But for now, the walls getting de-wallpapered will be a dramatic change. Little by little I'm getting each room fixed up to my liking. The list is never-ending!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're doing a great job and it will look great when you're done painting!
Don't forget to turn off those breakers before tackling the lights!! 8-0
Don't work too hard, Sandy.

Kevin Moberg said...

Oh, whaddya talk, Catherann?! Go ahead and work too hard, Sannerella. I, too, am no fan of wallpaper removal and wonder why anyone ever thinks that the appearance of wallpaper outweighs the hassles of removing it once it no longer looks fashionable . . . in six or seven months. Yuck.

Carry on!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...how many rooms in our house HAD wallpaper? Lost count -- removing it is a yucky job! We started just priming and painting over it, since at our house the wallpaper had been applied directly to the sheet rock. Not a pretty sight...I don't envy you your current task!