Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Annual Get Together Came Together!

Today I had 27 (I think!) guests in my home! I didn't know it would hold that many at once! People ranging in age from 5 months to 40-something!
The fireplace was lit, the food was out and being eaten, football was on TV, games were being played, etc, etc,. Each year my friends and I take turns having everyone over for this event. This year, I took my turn. Everyone brought a side dish to have with the deli chicken that we all pitched in to purchase. It was from Super Saver Grocery Store. They have excellent fried chicken. My contribution was a dessert that had ice cream sandwiches on the bottom layered next with whipped topping and then a layer of crushed Malted Milk balls. I also had made a dip from Tastefully Simple called Go! Go! Asiago. I also provided some of the drinks for kids and everyone else brought their own drinks.


Sunday was our only option to hold it if we actually wanted to do it before Christmas. Everyone has so many family functions going on at this time of year. Whether it's a company Christmas party or just "family days", a Saturday was just out of the question. So we did it today and that made it possible for us to celebrate before Christmas. Even though it was a Sunday it worked out fine.

The girls exchange ornaments each year and I got one that has a snowman on it that goes with my collection nicely!

Here are a few photos to show everyone in attendance.

The girls

All the kiddos


All the guys


The weather decided to turn bitterly cold. It started out with our high for the day at 7 AM of 20* and continued to drop from there. The wind picked up and made for a nasty day. My fireplace was a hit, to say the least. I started the burn roughly at 1 PM and kept it going long after everyone left for the night. It seemed to make the cold disappear once everyone got in the house.
It was fun to have it at my house because I had done so much decorating. At least it wasn't just for me! Plus I didn't have to go out into the cold !
I wish for you to have lots of get-togethers and a fun filled end of the year! Merry Christmas!






2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

How fun! You must enjoy all the space in your house for get-togethers such as this.

Um, I recognize one of the guests in particular. Anything you wanna talk about??

Anonymous said...

You can call me Kevin and I will fill you in! Ha! Cuckoo, Cuckoo. Just kidding