Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bakin' is 'Bout Done!

OK, I managed to bake more of the goodies I told you about. After hearing the forecast for single digit temperatures, I knew it would be the perfect day for baking. Again, it was. So I stayed in for the day and fired up the oven to make home made Chex Mix, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter cups. I dipped pretzels in almond bark candy coating and also made some cookies that don't really have a name. But they are basically cake cookies. Very moist! They are made with an actual cake mix in the recipe. I topped them with snow flake candy decorations and baked them.
I actually have tried two times in two different years to make my Mom's recipe for Divinity Candy. (Here is another link that looks lovely!) I've failed miserably both times! I can never get the consistency to be just right. I think I overcooked it this year. Try, try again! Maybe next week.....
The Chex mix reminds me of younger years at Grandpa and Grandma Moberg's house. Someone, I'm not exactly sure who, always brought the home made mix to our annual gatherings. I found a recipe in one of my home town cook books that tastes very near to what I distinctly remember tasting way back then.
Some of the other recipes were my own Mother's and some I got from a Christmas Cookie cook book that I purchased last year. It's from Gooseberry Patch Christmas Cookies. I've loved everything I've tried so far. One thing I plan on trying is a punch recipe towards the back. I can't wait!
The only thing left now is the Lefse. Remember this? My list of things I'd like to accomplish for the Christmas holiday is quickly nearing the end! Considering it's only 2 days away, I guess that's good!

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Oh, I had forgotten about the Chex Mix at Grandpa and Grandma's! That was good. And remember the plates full of lefse in every room of the house that had a table? So tasty.