Friday, February 15, 2008

....And the Answers Are

Ok, here you go. I know that you've been wondering just who stated all the famous quotes I've been giving you this week. (Yea Right!) So here they are.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day One:
Quote #1...."My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; The more I give to thee, The more I have, For both are infinite." By William Shakespeare
Quote #2..."The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." By Helen Keller

Day Two:
Quote #1 "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. " By Aristotle
Quote #2 "I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor it's coming with all my heart." By Alice Walker
Quote #3 "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways." By Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Day Three:
Quote #1 "Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it allows one to survive, and better than that, to thrive with passion, compassion, and style." By Maya Angelou
Quote #2 "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." By Lao Tzu
Quote #3 "Luv'n you is what we do!" By Southwest Airlines (Valentine's Day is our favorite holiday!)

Day Four:
Quote #1 "Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age."
By Anais Nin
Quote #2 "Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart, is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable."
By Henry Ward Beecher
Quote #3 "Love does not dominate; it cultivates." By Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Day Five:
Oops....I didn't realize I duped this one...oh well.
Quote #1 "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." By Aristotle
Quote #2 "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward in the same direction." By Antoine de Saint Exupery
Quote #3 "Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away. " By Dorothy Parker
Quote #4 "Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. " By Leo Tolstoy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were you surprised by some of them? Or maybe you simply hadn't heard of any of them. I know I hadn't. But for the most part, I had heard or seen the majority of them somewhere.
I had fun doing this. Thanks to the few that actually wagered a guess! Did you notice the results of the poll? Check it out for yourself. Stay tuned for yet another exciting poll. ;)

I hope your Valentine's Day was very special.

No comments: