Sunday, February 17, 2008

Retirement Time

Last night I attended a retirement party for one of our ramp supervisors. His name is Errol and I've known him since I started working at SWA in 1995. He had 19 1/2 years with the company. Our station manager gave a party in honor of Errol and his retirement and everyone that works with me was invited. However, the turn out was quite poor. (at least I thought so for the number of people that I work with) Granted, there were several people still working but yet there were many that simply didn't show up. Those of us that did go, had a good time.

It was held at a place called In Play, in a small room for parties. In Play is like a small arcade with games of all sorts. We had appetizers from The Stadium Bar and Grill served as well. It's part of In Play. If you click on "3D Tour" on the web site, you'll see the bar and grill and beside it to the left, with a small pool table inside, is the room where we were at for the party. Errol had some of his own family there with him and a few friends that don't work at SWA.

Errol is a great guy and I think I can speak for several when I say, "We will miss you Errol! Good luck in your home land of New Mexico!"


Errol and friends

Me, Patti, Mike and Kathy, Sandy and Paul....the station manager

Group photo of the employees with Errol